About Me

My photo
My personal style is minimalist or totally over-the-top. I don't like anything in the middle. This blog is a collection of all things I love or find interesting.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Lovely Lace






















I love the idea of a lace-printed mat, as featured in Martha Stewart's magazine.  I have some great picture frames, but I really don't like the matting, and this will be a great way to spruce them up.  Lace mat frame would also make a great gift!

Lace Frame How-To

1. Learn the lace-printing technique.
2. Carefully apply strips of painters' tape to the four corners of a photo mat, so the edge of the tape runs from the inner corners to the outer corners, enabling you to create a mitered effect. On two sides of the mat, make pencil marks on the tape to serve as guides so you can position the lace in a straight line.
3. Ink the lace and print borders on the two marked sides, using the technique described above. Peel off the tape while the ink is wet. Let dry 30 minutes.
4. Retape the four corners, this time exposing the other two sides of the mat. Repeat the process.

Resources

Alencon lace trim, from Lace Star, lacestar.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment